Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Rejection #10: Finally went for the police officer

I was grateful when Pamela asked to meet up for today's rejections. Everything is easier with a partner! We met at a Starbucks and eventually set our eyes on a police officer. I feel like I've seen a few rejections from other people's journeys through this where they asked something of a police officer. I was really nervous at the thought, but then that's a good reason to do it, right?

I'm a bit cautious about bothering our men in blue or interrupting them while at work, but he was getting coffee and didn't seem to be in a rush. So we met him on his way out.

I first asked if he was in a hurry. He immediately rolled his eyes, hesitated, and said, "Well, kinda," or something like that ... but then he gave me a "whatever, go ahead" look. Apparently we weren't the first people to approach him nervously with an air of mischief. If I was nervous to approach a police officer, I was certainly nervous to forge ahead after this initial interaction ... but there was no turning back.

I asked if I could take a picture with his walkie-talkie. He asked to clarify if I wanted to just see it and I said, no, I wanted to take a picture of me pretending to use it. He said, "No, I can't do that."

I'll let Pamela tell the rest of the story except I will add that when he walked away, he said, "You girls seem like you'd be a lot of fun, but I can't help you today" ... or something like that. I know the first half I got right, but the rest was muffled as he turned away from us.

So, back to a "typical" rejection for today, but it scared me and I didn't die, and I got rejected. So, yay? Also, I really did want that picture with a walkie-talkie.

Then we hung out a bit to calm our nerves and chat more. We found this adorable drawing of a mermaid left by a little girl we'd seen earlier. How cute!

What would I give to live where you are?

3 comments:

  1. Should we have appeared more menacing? I feel like he did not take us seriously... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never intend to appear menacing to a cop. Come on now ...

      Delete
    2. Okay I guess you have a point...

      Delete