Tuesday, September 9, 2014

(Non-)Rejection #9: Stretching my boundaries without rejections

Okay, I used my new rules today. I asked people to do things with me. They're going to sound really silly to anyone who doesn't think like me (I'm hoping I'm not totally alone), but I'll still share.

I asked my friend to have dinner with me. She's a typically busy friend and I've seen her a few times recently, way more than normal. So I felt hesitant to ask her to dinner. BUT, I needed food (no groceries at the moment), and I'm in a stage of life where positive social interaction is really fueling me. When I asked her, she said she had been thinking of asking ME, but was nervous because she knows I've been trying to save money! It made me very happy to know she wanted to see me again and I'm glad I went out for dinner rather than grabbing something to-go.

If she reads this, she's going to think I'm nuts. But my insecurities show in weird ways, that's for sure.

I'd say it was a good day ...
I also decided to ask another friend to go walking with me tomorrow. We've talked about it before, but I think I was waiting for her to make the first real move. Yes, this sounds like dating, but sometimes creating new female friendships as an adult can feel like that! So, I made the first real move. I asked her to go walking at a specific time, tomorrow morning!

I also reached out to someone I've been chatting with online, a guyyyyy, and set up a date for Thursday. I wouldn't say that's necessarily something I wouldn't normally do ... but maybe I somewhat did it due to this process and opening up and feeling better? I don't know. He definitely could have rejected me since I put myself out there a bit to set it up ... so there's that :)

So, no rejections today, but I did two things I wouldn't have done outside of this process. Both of which could have resulted in rejections ... but weren't necessarily intended for rejections. I thought about asking our server at dinner to take the spinach dip off because I really didn't like it, but I just didn't want to get it for free. So I skipped the old rules for today.

Would love your thoughts below! Am I crazy or do some of you out there relate to my challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment