Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 9: Get outta here!

If you read yesterday's rejection, you know I was starting to have tummy troubles yesterday. Well last night those tummy troubles turned into a full on stomach situation. In fact I'm working from home today because being up and around just isn't an option. For today's rejection, I couldn't go seeking it out. It had to come to me.

I employ a dog sitting service that comes to my house daily to take my two pups out for walks and play time while I'm at work. They're a great bunch of people and my babies love their walkers. In fact the young man who does the afternoon session just arrived and is out with the pups as we speak.

Beau and Delia, the heads of household around here.
Meanwhile, my house is a god awful mess today. I have been working long hours and just haven't kept up with it the past week or so. And with a brood of rescue critters, things get ugly fast. So while the nice dog sitting gentleman was harnessing the doggies for their walk, I asked him if in addition to pet sitting, would he also clean my house for me? I kind of chuckled but I really did want him to say yes. Hey, you never know. He might have needed some extra income. I've had cleaning persons agree to run errands for me in the past for extra cash, so it wasn't a far fetched idea.

Sadly for my house, but happily for fulfilling today's rejection, he not only said no, but said "Get outta here!"

He did reassure me that he doesn't judge people's houses and if I saw his I would think mine was spotless. I pointed to all the clothes languishing on the floor of my bedroom and said "Really? Are you sure you won't clean up?" Another laugh and a second "Get outta here!" and he was off with the doggies for their daily exercise.

Meanwhile, I sit among a pile of clothes that almost seem to judge me for not treating them better. Look, I'm not feeling good. "You can sit on the floor for another day. You've waited this long," I tell them.

And then I realize, I'm talking to my clothes....

This cartoon is dedicated to my arch nemesis, Neil Ramsay.


No comments:

Post a Comment