Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Just say no!

From Pamela:

Jacki has already written a great intro to our challenge. If you haven't already read it, here's an excerpt:

"Okay, we're 11 days away from kicking off this challenge. If you haven't read our About Page, please do. It'll quickly tell you what this is all about.

"If you like TED talks and TEDx (and really, who doesn't?), you can watch this TEDx talk about a guy who went 100 days with Rejection Therapy."


I encourage you to head to her post and read the entire thing. (Hint: We both need your help!) but what she said is good starting point.

So, my new mantra for the month of September is "Just say no." Drugs are bad, m'kay? Actually I hope not to have to resort to drugs during this challenge, but I'm keeping my options open. In the meantime, I need your input. Starting September 1, Jacki and I are both going to take the Rejection Therapy challenge, wherein our goal is to be rejected once a day for thirty days. It'll build character and put hair on our chest. Well, ok maybe no hair. Anyway, help a poor actor out and let me know your suggestions for ways that I can approach friends, family, or strangers on the street and request something of them that's just nutty enough to be rejected, but doesn't land me in jail.

And go!

6 comments:

  1. Ask someone to slap you across the face?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! There are too many people who would say yes to that. :-/

      But I like that idea for using on strangers!

      Delete
  2. Ask a wife if you can kiss her husband, he probably needs to be standing there... Wear running shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with a clarification that it would be on the cheek (I don't want any black eyes) that would be a good idea!

      Delete
    2. Then again maybe no clarification would increase the odds of being rejected...

      Delete
    3. Yeah, if the point is to be rejected, a chaste mouth kiss is probably for the best :)

      Delete