Monday, September 1, 2014

Rejection #1: A lame start, let's be honest ...

Okay, whose idea was it to start this challenge on LABOR DAY? I went out last night later than I have in a long time, had a ton of fun with fellow camper, Candace ...

Me and Candace!
... but then wasn't feeling very motivated to start therapy today! I kept procrastinating and ended up texting a friend and asking him to come give me a foot massage. He refused.
Rejected! 
However, I plan on getting more creative. Also, I don't know that I really wanted him to come over and rub my feet, which I think isn't exactly the idea? I mean, it would have been nice, but neither me nor my condo are exactly presentable for guests at the moment.

Despite all that, I still felt a pang of rejection when he said "No. Rub your feet on Hexum [my cat]. Kitties like that." So, maybe it's not even about whether I want the person to say, "Yes." BUT I do run the risk of getting a "yes" when I don't want one if I keep that up ...

I'm not sure how you can
say No to these feet.
In summary, I'm proud of myself for making this happen today despite my utter laziness otherwise ... and I'm not getting a foot rub, but my cat is getting a head rub from my feet. Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Well done Miss Jacki! Foot rub, now there's a good idea! I should use that one too, after I've been on an hour long power walk and haven't showered yet. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete