Monday, September 29, 2014

Day 22: A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands

Day 21 was another low-key rejection but I felt good about it because I wasn't asking something outrageous just for the sake of getting rejected. I was in a helping mood. This one's pretty short too, so it'll be easy on your eyes.

No dark chocolate pretzels? The Emperor will be displeased.
After work I stopped at my favorite chocolate shop near my house to get some dark chocolate pretzels. But they were out! So I left, crying tears of despair and chocolate withdrawal as I hid my face in my hands.

On my way back to my car, I saw a woman pushing a cart bursting with groceries towards her van which was parked next to me. As I came around to get in my car I asked her if I could help her load her groceries in her vehicle?

She very politely turned me down. I even asked if she was sure and said I was happy to help, but she didn't need no steenkin' help.  What was I to do but go home and plot my revenge on the unfortunate chocolate shop... whom I visited again in two days and not only got my pretzels, but got a rather cute rejection out of it. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment