Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 7: No I won't go home with you

I put out a request on my Facebook page for suggestions as to what I could ask of some stranger for today's rejection session. I got several great ideas which I will put to use in the coming days and weeks! For today however I decided to use my friend, and another fellow actress, Norma's idea.

I went to Home Depot earlier to pick up a water filter for my fridge, among other things. I had to take a stroll through their garden center first, however. I can't help myself. Anyway, after I was done looking at all the pretty flowers an almost getting run over by a utility vehicle whose path I stepped in aimlessly, I went inside and grabbed a sales guy to help me find a water filter that would fit my fridge. He tried to help me identify the correct one but it wasn't his department, so he went and grabbed another associate. A bright and very helpful lady came over and explained to me the difference between two filters I was looking at and why they're labeled the way they are, etc. All good stuff to know. "You know a lot about this stuff!" I observed. She smiled. "I know nothing about these filters and how they work (a mild fiction, but I was setting up the request). In fact would you come to my house and install this one for me? I have no idea how to do it!"

Well, she laughed at me. Not a mean laugh really, more of a laugh that says "Girl, you crazy!" And when she was done laughing, she said no. Boo. I seriously would have liked someone to stick that thing in my fridge for me because when I got home it took me probably 10 minutes to get it in right. But hey, at least now I have good water again.

So there, Day 7 done! With one week complete in our little Rejection Therapy challenge, I have a couple of observations about the process and its effect on me, which I will post separately.


No comments:

Post a Comment