Monday, September 15, 2014

(Non-)Rejection #12: Three strikes and you're out!

Okay ... as seems to be the trend, Pamela is kicking my ass. She's going to get more out of this challenge in the end, and that will be a lesson for me. But I will not quit on her! So here's my post for Friday.

In fairness, I must admit that I was on my second drink before I realized I hadn't gotten rejected yet. Crap! I think the social lubricant that is alcohol is clearly cheating ... but I also didn't want to use it as an excuse not to do something. So I stopped drinking for the moment and went about getting rejected.

Pamela caught this awesome moment
of me trying to get rejected by Michael.
Unfortunately pre-unbuttoning ;)
I was at a pub after going to a very interesting show at my acting studio (too much to explain even a little, but if you live in Atlanta, you can see for yourself!). I was sitting next to fellow actor, Michael, who is not exactly known for being shy. I kinda knew I was setting myself up for a "Yes," but he was the closest target. I asked him if I could unbutton three of the buttons on his shirt. He already had a couple undone, so this would basically take me down to the top of his pants. He said "Do it," with a challenge in his eyes. I don't think he'd even realized I was going for a rejection (although I could be wrong, he'd probably at least seen a post or two on Facebook), he's just not very inhibited. So, I did it. I was nice enough to button them back up too.

I decided to try again. I stole an idea from Pamela and asked another fellow actor, Kelley, to dance. I specifically asked him to Jitterbug. He said he didn't know how, I said don't worry, I'll lead. You see, I learned to Jitterbug in a 7th grade elective that had more girls than boys. Being 5'9" even then (yes, that was an awkward time for me), I was chosen to be a leader. To this day when I partner dance I have to resist the urge to lead.

Anyway, Kelley agreed, we danced for a good two minutes and I swung him around and it was lots of fun. I showed him all my best moves and probably left him a bit dizzy :)

I even asked fellow actor Glenn for the very last bite of his brownie after his wife whispered the idea, thinking he'd never share. He immediately said, "Of course, you can have the rest!" and he definitely didn't realize I was trying to get rejected. Aww, Glenn, thanks ... but I actually didn't want the brownie.

So, no rejections Friday, but with three failed attempts I called it a day and returned to my drink.

2 comments:

  1. Three attempts is entirely respectable! I'd drink too under the circumstances. So.... did Michael have a man patch??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'm gonna leave that question alone. Not even sure he's gonna be thrilled to be blogged about and tagged on FB ;)

      Delete