Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 6: Southfork has a new resident

First, in case you're wondering where Jacki is, she informed me she will be posting a few rejections all together, so she'll be back to the blog very soon to tell us all about her rejection exploits the past few days!

As for my rejection today, I had a witness to it! It was an exercise in improvisation and getting rejected, all while spending a beautiful (and hot!) day with a dear friend. This young lady, in fact:

J.R. Ewing got nuthin' on me!

That's my friend and fellow actress Jennifer. We went and did a little shopping today at an antique store and then garden center, where I procured even more plants for my balcony garden. I should really start a blog about my little garden, it's turning into quite a project. Anyway, we poked around the antique store for a bit while the sales lady hit us up every so often to make sure we weren't shoplifting check if we needed any assistance. Jennifer spied many things she liked, including her new fancy schmancy cowgirl hat! I saw a bunch of cute things and though I didn't end up buying much there, I thought I'd somehow use Jennifer's transaction as my "in" for today's rejection therapy session.

But... what to ask? I didn't want to ask for something for free or at a deep discount. I've done that already so I don't want to keep using the same request, plus that one seems almost too easy at this point. But I was blanking out on what I could ask the store owner and safely be assured she'd say no. Just then Jennifer remarked about country music playing in the background at the store.... Wait a minute....country music.... cowgirl hat.... there it was!

"Hey will you put on the hat my friend is buying from you and sing us a country song while wearing it?"  She looked at me sideways -- Jennifer and I later agreed she looked like she might have been considering it -- and then said No. It was one of those protracted "Nooooo"'s that end on a high note, almost like the denier is asking you a question rather than telling you No. Still, she said No! Yay!! I could go on to the garden store knowing my mission was accomplished for the day.

By the way, I did get some doggie shampoo for my pups at the antique store. The woman who runs the store, and who refused my entirely reasonable request for a country-themed serenade, also does dog rescue. I bet her dogs get to hear her sing....

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! :) I think she kinda wanted to, haha ...

    ReplyDelete